What are the Benefits?
Spaying and neutering can result in various behavioral and medical benefits for cats and dogs, including:
- Reduced aggression in males
- No heat cycle for females
- No unwanted pregnancies
- Females will not develop ovarian or mammary cancer
- Males will be less likely to engage in marking and spraying
- Eliminates the risk of testicular cancer in males
When should my pet be spayed or neutered?
It is an important decision to spay or neuter your pet. Did you know females can go into their first heat cycle as early as 6 months of age for dogs and even younger for cats? Spaying before that first heat cycle can reduce their risk of developing certain conditions later in life. By spaying or neutering you are also reducing animal overpopulation. Please call us for more information.